Monday, June 9, 2008

Nationwide Is On Your Side?

For those of you who don't know, I started a new job last week. I still work for Nationwide Insurance but instead of working commercial accounts, I now processes personal accounts. That means, if you had Nationwide, anytime you send in a request to update/change your policy, I put it into the computer. I left the commercial department because they are eventually going to move all commercial operations to Des Monies. Lincoln will still be considered a growth site for personal lines so maybe I'll have some opportunities there. I'm a bit sad about the change though. I loved my job & the people I work with.
I'm in training right now so it'll be about 15 weeks before I actually get out on the floor and fly on my own. I gotta be honest, I'm none too excited about this new position. It's not as challenging as my old job. I don't know, maybe it'll pan out, it's only been about a week. My hours changed from 8:15-4:30 to 7:00-3:15. It's nice to get off early but I haven't been up that early since high school!
Other than that, nothing new on this end of the line. Super excited to see everyone at the reunion! My roomie Katie might come with. It should be a good time. Although, and I know I'm preaching to the choir right now, I'm a little miffed that it's only one day. I drive 14 (give or take) hours to see my family & have to take off more time from work just to drive to & from that any of them do just to be there. Not cool. 28 hours to drive so I can hang out Friday night & Saturday day? I suppose time must run differently in Nebraska since it seams that it's 'easier' for me to make time for these things. That might have been a bit harsh but oh well. It's only the Internet, not like anyone will see it :)

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Will you be able to stay and see Olivia?

Steffani said...

You really should stay!:)
I hope your job gets better!

Daven and Savanna Lake said...

It's sad that it's one day, but I suppose one day is better than none; especially when it comes to family. But, we should meet up in Laramie or something and head out together. Laramie is only a couple hours from us.

Jenny Sue said...

Hey there Des, it's me, Jen! So, I can't remember if I have ever commented on your blog before...but...I read your blog and I thought you should know! I really have no idea when the last time I saw you was, and that makes me very sad. Erin and I will not be making it to the reunion, unfortunately. I miss those good old reunion days. They were pretty awesome, huh? Well, I hope life is treating you well and if you ever need a vacation, Seattle is the place for you! :)