Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lazy Sunday.....or is it?

Now that I have you all enthralled, let me continue where I left off. Ah yes, the demo derby. It was AWESOME! It started at 3pm, but we got there at 1 to save seats. I left at 7pm and it was still going on. It probably went on until 10 or 11. Crazy huh? I have been to my fair share of demos in by day and this one took the cake, by far. I saw more fires and hard hits at this derby than all the others combine. We were sitting dead center and one of the cars practically exploded right in front of us! Ok, not really, but we could feel the heat from the fire. It was nifty!

Today is just a lazy Sunday, I'm watching Scarlet right now, cheap rip off of Gone With The Wind but oh well.

I went for a walk today. 30 minutes and I really pushed myself this time. I'm 2 pounds down!!! Wohooo! Not that I'm counting. My actual goal isn't to loose weight, it's too easy to fail at that. My official goal is just to get up at 6:30 Monday through Friday and walk for a 1/2 an hour. Then walk for at least another 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes when I get home from work, gradually increasing the speed and time as I acclimate myself to this new hard core physical regime. My second goal is to eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk food. Mom says not to have carbs after lunch because they're instant energy and if you don't use them, you store them. During the week, I concentrate on fruits and vegetables and not so much meat. On the weekends, I try to go for at least a 20 minute walk on Saturday & Sunday both. Today was a good day, I hit 30 minutes and went a lot faster on the treadmill than I usually do!

Tonight is Wrestlemania, the biggest stage of them all! I know, I know, again, red neck & pointless. But I love it! So now, I have to tidy up the house. We usually have a few people over to watch with us so everything needs to be in tip top shape.

Adios!

2 comments:

Steffani said...

You're cute. I am so happy you have a blog. Do you ever watch the biggest loser? I like to watch it sometimes. It's amazing how fast they drop the wait and the results from the beginning weight to the end weight. Of course I think it would be really hard to just give up all of their comfort food cold turkey. I know I couldn't do that. Have fun at your wrestling party!

Cheyenne said...

Wow! Wrestling and demo derbies?! Did we fall off the same nut tree? Carbs are the curse of the Kearl's. Have you ever tried dried sweetened cranberries? They are soooooo good. I discovered them while I was pregnant...they really helped cure my sweet tooth. Plus, they're a fruit (see my other comment). But, Steff was right, I did have a pound counter on my blog. I took it off because there was a glitch, but I loved it. It doesn't advertise your weight, just keeps track of what you've lost. You can find it at my-calorie-counter.com