Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hmmmm It's Saturday.....

So it's been a long week. Work is stressful. They are phasing our office out, we don't know when our last day is but it probably won't be until next year. It's funny because they can't afford to loose us. We are working 24 hours of mandatory overtime this month and they're closing our office. Silly bureaucrats. This past week was the last week to get new business on the books for the month, always crazy. It was also the last week to book new business for the quarter, super crazy.
Besides work, I've been walking a lot lately (and by lately I mean the last 5 days - hey, it's a start!). I'm tired of being fat (gasps from all the 'polite' people in the room!) That's right, I said FAT! Not big boned, not thick, not curvy, FAT. I'm tired of it! So, I'm doing something about it. Don't patronize me by saying I'm not fat or I'm perfect the way I am. I'm not! Heart disease is the number one killer of women in the United States, I have diabetes on both sides of my family. This is not a joke. This is not something people should feel they have to give lip service about to make someone feel better about themselves. So don't do it. Just say 'good for you' or 'way to go' or 'keep it up'. But don't you dare try and sugar coat anything and say 'you're not fat, you're bigger but you're not fat' (direct quote from a patronizing friend) OR 'You don't need to loose weight, you're fine the way your are' (another direct quote from another patronizing friend). ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?! I'm 5'4 and weigh.....wait, I'm not posting that on the Internet! Let's just say WAYYYYY TOOOO MUCH!

Wow! This blog thing is kinda therapeutic. Anywho....back to my day. I'm going to an all day demo derby! I know it's red neck & pointless but I love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! I'll keep you guys (not sure who 'you guys' are yet) posted on the action.

Laters!

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

But Des, you ARE big boned and perfect the way you are! Fat, who said anything about fat?! (J/K!) Ah, we can lose weight together. Here's a trick that ACTUALLY works: eat a piece of fruit 30 min. before every meal. It totally helps fill you up so you don't eat as much at the meal. Also, fruits can act as a laxative...so...yeah... Cute blog!

Tiff said...

Good for you Desi-do! I'm so excited you have a blog! I could not for the life of me figure out who "Ruby" was when I saw you had left a comment on my blog. And then I obviously figured it out. Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading!

Steffani said...

Desi! Way to go! You-go-girl. I am so happy that you have a blog. Now we can keep track of each other better. You make me laugh! Ya know what, you can post a pound loser thing on your blog... each time you lose a pound you get to add it to your blog. I think Cheyenne has one? Maybe? Lots of people have them. Hey I am a fan of reality TV too. And I have been to a demo derby before and loved it!